“I feel we must speak with one voice and work hard to unify our tourism industry. This board helps us do just that.”
Policy Development Committee
The Policy Committee develops and updates fact-based policies that clearly communicate the industry’s current concerns and influence decision makers. The Committee utilizes a range of tools to ensure the policy positions it recommends to the Board of Directors reflect the memberships’ views and are supported by research.
1. Paul Nursey (committee Chair) – TIABC Director
2. Andre Kuerbis (committee Vice Chair) – TIABC Director
3. Bruce Okabe – TIABC Director
4. Tracy Eyssens- TIABC Director
5. Alroy Chan – TIABC Director
6. David MacKenzie – TIABC Director
7. Peter Larose – TIABC member (Larose Research & Strategy )
8. Mike McNaney, TIABC member (WestJet)
9. Joss Penny – TIABC member (BC Lodging & Campground Association)
10. Andy Shimizu, TIABC Member (CITAP)
11. Paul Vallee, TIABC Member (Gaining Edge)
Membership & Communications Committee
The Membership and Communications Committee assists the Board in its role of providing input and strategic direction on membership generating activities and communications strategies to support TIABC.
1. Deborah Kulchiski (committee Chair) – TIABC Director
2. Sandra Oldfield – TIABC Director
3. Tony Munday – TIABC Director
4. Erica Hummel – TIABC Director
Finance & Audit Committee
The Finance Committee assists the Board in its fiduciary responsibilities. The Committee also plays a key role in the sustainability of the organization by overseeing the monthly financial statements and reporting back to the board at each meeting.
1. Jim Humphrey – TIABC Chair
2. Patrick Gramiak – TIABC Director
The Governance Committee acts as a working group to assist the Board in ensuring that the organization has the necessary governance structure and policies, including appropriate bylaws, to be an independent and effective tourism industry association on behalf of operators, sectors, DMOs and key stakeholders.
Additionally, the Governance Committee is responsible for ensuring that the Board includes individuals with the skills, experience and broad industry perspective to effectively govern the organization. The process of recruiting qualified nominees for vacant Board positions is overseen by a sub-committee of the Governance Committee.
1. Christine Willow (committee Chair) – TIABC Past Chair
2. Jim Humphrey – TIABC Chair
TIABC is looking for volunteers from its membership to assist the committees.
Please contact us at email@example.com.